Access to support and information
The 2 Holden Transition Centres provide support, information and guidance to those workers and their families affected by the South Australian closure and Victorian business reduction. The experienced teams can help with:
- Labour market information
- Job posting and alert services
- Career Coaching
- Job readiness guidance
- Job search support
- Dealing with change, including health and wellbeing support
- General financial information including access to financial education where eligible
- Community support services
- Superannuation and taxation advice
- Holden Growth Fund access for eligible employees to help fund relevant further training.
Careers and training advice
One on one meetings with a qualified Careers Coaches to enable individuals to understand their transferable skills, interests, strengths, experience and future career/job opportunities. Where training is assessed as being advantage, the individual is provided with course suggestions:
- Career coaches support individuals to determine suitable training options to aid in future employment
- Training needs to be aligned to future career/job aspirations and be relevant for future employability.
Skills Recognition and Training
Training is organised by the employee once they have completed the Growth Fund application process and have been approved by the Holden Transition team.
Funding will be provided towards training that includes:
- Skill sets - accredited and non-accredited
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Licenses and tickets
- Tertiary studies
- Professional development
Help finding employment
The transition team provide a range of services to support individuals become job ready including resume, cover letter, interview skills, personal brand, networking and more. Additionally, the team help source potential opportunities that may be aligned to individuals transition plan and assist them to apply for these roles. Holden ex-employees are provided maximum support and guidance and are able to access the transition centre for a minimum of 12 months after leaving the business.
If you are an ex Holden employee in Victoria please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are an ex Holden employee in South Australia please contact Holden SA Transition Team for more information.
If you have been retrenched from the automotive industry (including component suppliers) you are likely to be eligible for immediate access to Stream B assistance in jobactive, the Government’s employment service. A factsheet is available on the Automotive Industry Structural Adjustment Programme.